Scott Hunt of Practical Preppers fame is a sustainable living design engineer. He specializes in off-grid water and energy systems. His expertise in mechanical engineering combined with good old-fashioned know-how gleaned from experience “on the farm and in the woods” has enabled him to draw closer to that goal of a fully sustainable lifestyle. Scott is one of 38 preparedness experts who will be speaking at Prepper Camp 2015 in Saluda, North Carolina.
If he isn’t installing a prepper system for a client, speaking at a conference, consulting via the phone, then you will find him in his shop tinkering on the next cool project.
Scott has worked for the last 4 years as a consultant for National Geographic on the shows Doomsday Preppers and Doomsday Castle. Scott has also appeared on the Sportsman Channel’s America Unplugged.
Find out about Scott’s new book Practical Preppers Complete Guide to Disaster Preparedness, attend his book signing…and get his new DVD Home EMProvement.
About Scott Hunt:
EducationMaster of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York 1992
- Owner of Practical Preppers LLC.
- Sustainable living Design Engineer specializing in off grid water and energy systems.
- Conference Speaker
- Retreat design Consultant
- National Geographic Consultant
- 10 yrs as a Product Development Engineer with Michelin Tire Corporation 1992-2002
- Manager of a cow/calf operation 1995- Present
- Experienced homesteader
- Welding and metal fabricator-Employed by Kinetic Sculptor George Rickey 1988- 1992
- Machine operator of all kinds related to construction, machining and farming.
- Senior Pastor of Calvary Chapel Pickens 2001-2011
Prepper GoalsFor me being a Prepper means that I have the ability to grow and preserve our own food, secure my own water source and have an alternative energy supply. Preppers take the time to learn and teach important skills such as self defense, hunting, gardening, food storage, energy storage and conversion and how to locate fresh water. As a Prepper I strive towards self sufficiency, energy efficiency, alternative energy, conservation and helping others do the same.
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -Benjamin Franklin
"Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice." -Henry Ford